Right now my husband's dog is running circles around me. He jumps on the love seat over to the couch, behind my back and off the couch, then repeats it all over again. I need to take to him on a walk, but I hurt my calf exercising yesterday and I just don't feel like being dragged around the neighborhood by him right now.
(hint: I look like something out of Marmaduke, only my dog weighs 30lbs....)
Remember how I said I was tired of worrying and I was gonna start praying and putting my faith into action? (see last blog entry if you haven't read it already.) Well, God saw that and I think He's decided to put me to the test.
Example: after my husband's truck died this last time, a buddy came out and helped me with the alternator. We took it out, got it tested (still working), and then reinstalled it. Apparently all the alternator had needed was to be banged around a little, because as soon as we got it reinstalled, the truck started right up. Now, she doesn't sound pretty right now. She coughs and flutters when stopped or parked, but she seems to be driving alright. Or so I thought. The check engine light came on two night's ago. Got that checked out and it seems to be a fuel problem, but with the coughing and fluttering going on, it's possible the EGR valve needs to be replaced and there might be a broken fuel line somewhere.
*facepalm*
I went to church this morning. My daily prayer lately has been based on giving thanks to God. I thank Him for everything He has blessed us with. This prayer was silently repeated before we were dismissed at church.
Well, I get home, walk in the door, kick off my shoes, fall on the couch to curl up with my dogs....I'm just getting ready to tuck in for a Sunday afternoon nap before my husband gets on Skype and that's when I notice it. I noticed a reflection on the kitchen floor. A very shiny, sort of wet-watery reflection....I get up to investigate and what I find is that my dishwasher has leaked from underneath the cabinets and all across the floor, into my pantry.
Disturbed and perturbed by this intrusion upon my planned Sunday afternoon nap, I unloaded the dishwasher, broke a glass (it must have stressed in the dishwasher because it SHATTERED when I picked it up), cleared out the pantry, mopped the floor, washed all the dishes BY HAND (I despise washing my own dishes by hand), dried the dishes, put the dishes away, and put everything back into the pantry.
So now on top of finding a mechanic to troubleshoot the truck for me tomorrow, I also have to call our builder to come fix the dishwasher and drywall the bathroom from the bathroom fiasco mentioned in the last blog entry because I've been too busy to call him the past two weeks.
I am reaching my breaking point. The past two days have nearly sent me into tears because of the ridiculousness of what all has occurred the past several months since my husband deployed. Which is why I need comic relief at times....
God knows this too or He wouldn't have given us Nitro. Nitro has become my comic relief. This week he learned to throw his toys into the window when he wants to be let inside, not a very good habit to learn, but it just goes to show how smart he is and can be when I act like I am not paying him any attention. My husband can be comic relief too although it's usually at my expense and I don't find it funny at the time.
Long story short, if I am being tested or not, please pray for me now and pray that my husband comes home safe and soon. Preferably before all of my hair turns gray.
Question of the week:
Is it grey or gray?
HAHA Its neither - Im calling it Stress Highlights!
ReplyDeleteChin up young person.....its almost over and we all can be thankful for a safe return for ur hubby and my wonderful son!
Love u and will see u in a few weeks!!!
@crystalT530: Well, if it all turns to stress high lights, you're gonna be the one helping me dye it red again!
ReplyDelete