So a priest, a rabbi, and a reverend walk into a bar....
....and I forget the rest.
This past year it has seemed that my husband and I have been the constant butt of the universe's cruel jokes. As soon as we get something fixed or something goes our way, something else goes wrong....
Case and point: my car broke down in July and it was so unexpected, I didn't have the money to get it fixed at the time. Well, we did get the car fixed. I got home a couple weeks later to find my husband's truck dead. My mother-in-law and I got it running again though with a charger. Then a month after, my husband's dog dislocates his knee, emergency vet visit cost us $150. His knee dislocates repeatedly. We pulled money out of our butts, $1000 worth, and put the dog through the surgery. Dog is healing, everything seems to be going fine....and then....the truck died. Again. I jump it and charge it, it runs. Dog rips his stitches out overnight on a Sunday, $130 in emergency visit to get his knee re bandaged. $150 the following day to have him put under, restitched, cleaned, re bandaged again, and sent home with LOTS of meds. Tuesday, truck is dead, will not jump or charge, less than 5 days since I last started it. $130 thrown into the truck to replace the battery and the truck still doesn't work....
In the midst of all this minor things occurred like the dryer stopped drying, a breaker kept tripping in the back of the house, the vacuum broke, I had to kill spiders BY MYSELF, plumbing fiasco in the master bathroom, the back gate kept blowing open with the wind, and I had to go to the finance office on base FOUR times to finally get my husband's pay fixed.
All things eventually get taken care of or fixed. I got the dryer working. I figured out which outlet and appliance was tripping the breaker. The vacuum is now working. I can kill spiders on my own and with a certain big pair of combat boots. I had the plumbing fiasco and fence repaired and my husband's pay FINALLY got fixed.
But now....I wonder what the universe has in store for us next? With all this bad luck though, I have become very stressed and worried. Remember the Age post from last time? Well....
I found a grey hair. Now, it isn't the FIRST one I have found, but it is the first I have found in two years and since multiple rounds of hair dye....
I am tired of worrying though. I'm praying.
No comments:
Post a Comment