Saturday, November 26, 2011

Happy Black Friday.

Well, I'm back home for now. Visiting the family, eating the food, celebrating the holidays.

I'm sleeping in a zebra stripe pink bed at my mother in law's house. I love pink. I love zebra stripes. I just thought I would share.

I also love high heels. I'm going to go buy a cheap pair of stiletto peep-toes and bedazzle them with rhinestones from Hobby Lobby, my very own Louboutin's. I'll Pinterest it for you all at a later time.

If you don't know what pinning and Pinterest is, you haven't LIVED.

Okay....if you aren't pinning that means that you actually DO have a life outside of the internet. Unlike me.

Pinterest is a virtual pin board. Basically you can pin links and bookmarks to your favorite sites, organize them, and comment on them. You can pin other people's pins and they in turn can pin your pins.

Pinning is addicting. That's probably the worst part.

I've pinned shoes, recipes, and baby things for my future spawn....you can pin ANYTHING on the internet

....do not join Pinterest or you too will become a pin-head. You will find yourself pinning and pinning. You drown in pins and dreams about pins. It will make you hungry or make you want to work your butt off from exercises. It will make you feel artsy, it will make you crafty....but most of all, you will become addicted.

Now that I've got Pinterest out of my system, onto my actual blog post about my actual life.

I started my drive from Georgia on Sunday. It rained all through Georgia, Alabama, and Mississippi. My dogs and I stopped at a hotel for the night. Nitro doesn't like hotels. He cannot fathom that we would purposely stay the night in a building where other people also stay the night. He kept me up until 4am, growling and barking at all the noises outside. I finally turned the TV on, just loud enough to cover up the outside noise. He fell onto my pillow in the very middle of the bed and began snoring loudly. This caused me to curl up on the very edge of the bed and sleep uncomfortably for the next three and half hours. We hit the road at 7:30am and again, it was raining. It rained through Mississippi, Tennessee, Arkansas, and Oklahoma! RAINRAINRAINRAINRAIN!!!!!

Did I mention that neither of my dogs like rain? Case and point: two nights before we left home, we had a HUGE thunderstorm. Nitro jumped in my lap and Lucy jumped next to me, landing in a pile of Nitro's toys.

Anyways, besides the rain, the drive was pretty uneventful. Being home is nice. It's relaxing. I don't have to worry about much, except remembering to pay bills on time, and if anything does go wrong, I have more than enough people that I can rely on if needed. Not saying that I mooch off of my family, I pitch in.

Thanksgiving was nice. It was wonderful cooking with my mom again for the holidays and I can't wait to decorate for Christmas! I had a wonderful lunch with my family and went over to my husband's grandparents for a visit as well later that evening. I'm so glad that I didn't go Black Friday shopping, I heard it was monstrous.

Now, on another note....I had a completely wonderful dream last night. I dreamed that my husband came home early and surprised me for Christmas! It was so amazing! I was out with my family for dinner and his family showed up and surprised me. It just completely shocked me, I swore it was real! Everything felt so real, his embrace, his lips, his voice in my ear....then, of course, I woke up. I realized it wasn't real and try as I might to close my eyes and go back to that moment, I couldn't.

Nothing is more disappointing than waking from a wonderful dream like that.

At least being home the next 3 months should pass more quickly for me. By the time I get home I should only have a few weeks until my husband comes home. I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment