Tuesday, November 8, 2011

I found a really old post today that never got posted....

Okay, this was a few months back....sometime in March or April I think. It's kind of fun looking back and seeing how far you've come.


After beginning the month Cody and I have begun and having the ups and downs we have experienced so far....and the worry and stress I have expressed to co-workers....I have decided to blog on it. Get it all out in the open. Take a breath of fresh air.

We got a puppy. He has been stress numero uno as he is very unpredictable. I feel like I constantly have to supervise him. But, he is learning fast and gets along so well with Lucy.

My husband and I are of course building a house. It's almost completed. They were putting the cabinets and counter tops in last week. Things have seemed to be going quite smoothly until a couple weeks ago.

It seems like nothing has gone right since and out of desperation we have been scrambling wildly about trying as quickly as possible to get things together.

Firstly, the government shutdown which was barely averted. We both walked through our house wondering what we could sell and what we could go without. Never a feeling I want to go through again, especially with so little working for us. It was absolutely terrifying not knowing if we were going to be getting paid or not. Money: not something men and women in uniform exactly need less of.

Then my husband was told he would be deploying in June (as i am not mentioning exact dates, there is no harm being done). If he deploys anytime before August, he will be missing out on my sister's wedding. The wedding which he is supposed to be in. The wedding which I am going to be in and making a cake for. The wedding I would now have to be attending alone.

Then we received news that he would be deploying anywhere from 2-3 weeks from now, pushing things less than 8 weeks out. This cuts our closing date on our house closely as we were not supposed to be closing till the 15th of May and moving in sometime closely after.

Now we don't know when he could possibly be deploying. It could be anywhere between now and August.

Also today, we found out our mortgage company got bought out by a bigger company. Our mortgage broker is working desperately to close our deal before the company closes permanently and my realtor remains hopeful we will be closing now by the 11th.

Not to mention needing to drive cross-country in July with my dog Lucy and our new puppy Nitro all alone, probably in my two-door car....and coupled with the way gas prices are looking, its gonna also be costly.

So, almost not getting paid, cutting our closing and move closely before he deploys, not knowing when he will deploy and knowing I will need to drive across country to Oklahoma to attend my sister's wedding is just lovely. Abso-freaking-lutely lovely.

Yes, we did get a new puppy. My husband couldn't wait and after seeing his cute little face in a text message I just had to have him too.

I'll post pictures soon.

Well, I feel better now. I really do. I feel oodles better now that I let that all HANG OUT.

1 comment:

  1. WOO HOO - Everything worked out fine and we survived it all! God is Great!

    ReplyDelete