Saturday, January 15, 2011

Why I Love Dates

1.) It gives me the opportunity to dress up for my husband.
Even though he failed to dress up last night in return and ended up talking about how uncomfortable he felt being so casual in his tee shirt and light jeans (I recommended the darker jeans with his sexy button-down, but I'm a woman and I don't know anything). Haha, serves you right for making fun of me for wearing my new heels and sexy jeans.

I am not that cruel to my husband though. I spent most of the night touching his arm and reassuring him that he is the most handsome man on earth.

2.) It gets us out of the house and off the couch and far away from the tv.
We both like to watch a movie or tv while eating. We are both comfortable doing that. But it is SO nice to have my husband's attention without all the other distractions that a tv can bring. Or your dog can bring. Or that spider crawling across the floor- AHHHHH!!!! Spider!!!!

Where was I? Oh, distractions. Yes, and I want to get in as many dates as possible before we have kids. Once we have kids, its all over.

Or do you just have to make time for it?

What is "it" anyways?

3.) Being waited on.
I love to cook. I love to serve. I love to help. But it doesn't mean that I don't appreciate someone else cooking the meal, refilling my beverage when its getting low, or taking my empty plates away when I am finished. In fact I very much appreciate that. Makes me feel like a queen. One thing I hate doing is having to hurry to get my plates to the kitchen before the spaghetti sauce dries on. You know how hard it is to clean ANY sauce off a dish once its dried? You end up throwing it in the sink for a few days with a bunch of water and a little soap and hope that magically makes the mess disappear.

4.) I love how my husband thinks I owe him after he does something for me.
That or I was stupid enough to make a bargain with him and not remember it. I think I begged him so hard last week to take me out I promised that if he did take me out to dinner, he could get Prince of Persia 3D for the PS3....I did not remember this until he played back the entire conversation for me, even mimicking my voice. Then I remembered.

5.) Advice for the week.
Don't promise your husband something and not remember it. It will make you feel foolish and stupid and cheat you out of yet ANOTHER hour that could have spent doing "it" (whatever it is) instead of blogging about how much fun you had with him at dinner while he plays Prince of Persia 3D....

6.) And while on the subject of "it", our date, and Prince of Persia 3D....
I have a slightly glacier-sized piece of chocolate cake in my fridge that is calling my name and a gallon of milk to go with it, so goodnight.

1 comment:

  1. Notice how he can remember the things that he wants but cant remember to take out the trash or clean his room LOL....Glad you had fun. When u have kids I will take care of em while u go out on dates and make time for you and him. I didnt get that option very often.....could be why he is the way he is HAHAHAha Got pix of the cake haha

    ReplyDelete