Monday, January 24, 2011

A Trip In Time....

I was taking a trip back in time tonight, thinking of mom and home. Mostly I was thinking of my mom because I was watching American Pickers and Pawn Stars on History Channel (its a gulity pleasure).

Somehow my childhood came to memory. I suddenly wanted a pair of leggings in seafoam green (and yes, I had a pair in seafoam and hot pink and stirrup leggings in black). I suddenly wanted my locks permed in a ponytail held up by a scrunchie. Remember, the 80's rolled into the 90's for quite some time. Until about....96-97? Then grunge made a come-back. Again. At least in my part of the United States it did. Then in the 2000's the bell-bottom came back from the 60's, it didn't last long though. It quickly rolled over to bootcuts....anyways, off track here.

Where was I?

Oh, back in time. Not quite 20 years ago (boy am i feeling my age!).

My sister and I used to beg my mom to play Amy Grant (see, we weren't THAT sheltered!) and we would rock out. Well, whatever rocking out homeschoolers who live out in the boonies do, but we rocked whatever it was thoroughly. We ran around the house, had the stereo up loud (this was just as cd's were catching on) and went NUTS. I wish we had video of that.







I love you, mommy and sissy. And daddy. And brother.

P.S. Now I want to find pictures of what we wore then.

No comments:

Post a Comment