Sunday, January 9, 2011

Well, That's Just Fantastic.

And when I mean fantastic, I mean FANtastic.

Today, we lost a friend. A friend that has been with us almost our entire relationship and now, we must sadly, depart with and replace that friend.

The friend in question is our beloved Xbox 360.


RIP. November 2005-January 2011.
You have loyally served your purpose for 6 years and have gone above and beyond Call of Duty.

(LoL, I crack myself up sometimes.)

The funny thing is, we haven't had the electronic device on in two days. We turn it on this afternoon and immediately we both see the dreaded Red Ring of Death. I mean, it was a first generation, but it had never happened, ever, so we figured if it had never happened it never would. We assumed we were the exception. That and we also went to great lengths to always try to not overheat it or overplay it.

My husband thinks he can temporarily fix it, but we both know it will need to be replaced eventually. Great. He's so happy it finally broke down, he's practically doing a jig (I mention jig, because he's wearing his "Kiss Me, I'm Irish-ish" shirt today and he's happy because he has been begging me ever since he found out Call of Duty is 3D to buy him a new Xbox because the new one comes with an HDMI cord which supports 3D).

Of course, this could not have happened at a worse time. Here's a summary of why this could not have happened at a worse time.

1.) My husband hit a car a few months back and both he and the owner of the car he hit refuse to get insurance involved. So we have to come up with a large sum of money with which to fix the car he's hit fender with before March.

2.) Our housing allowance got cut for our area. Dear Government, I hate you.

3.) Sister's wedding and super-long vacation back home (which I am SO looking forward to!).
a.) Need renter's insurance.
b.) Need to fix my car before we leave (by fixing my car I mean finding out why the Check Engine light will not go off, get my traction control fixed, and get a whole new set of tires).

4.) Student loans, truck loan, any loan.

5.) Making a baby.

Okay, so the last one is just on MY list of priorities. Cody's a dude, and I have to constantly remind myself of that and constantly remind myself that what I neccessarily want and am ready for he may not neccessarily want or is not ready for.

Then I am reminded of what I am reading right now in the Bible and my favorite Bible verse. I have just reached the story of Abraham and anyone who has read Genesis knows that Abraham's story is all about faith. Relying on God to give him a son, relying on God to get him to the Promised Land, relying on God when it came time to kill his son...so right now, I am really trying to open myself up on faith and really trying to trust fully in God. It's just a bit difficult for me though, because I am what is known as a worry-wart. And I always feel if I do not worry about things, then no one else will worry about it and nothing will ever get done or accomplished. Then I reminded of my favorite verse, Jeremiah 29:11:

"'For I know the plans I have for you,' says the Lord, 'Plans to prosper you, not to harm you. Plans to give you a hope and a future.'"

So, here is my list of priorities and I am giving them up to you, Lord. I know that my meager plan pales in comparison to whatever plan it is you have in store for me and my family. I give it to you.


P.S. I started out this post on a sarcastic note, but I wanted to mention that all the stuff at the end I am entirely serious about. I was not in any way, shape, or form mocking God, Christianity, the Bible, or faith. I take this stuff seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment