Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Canine Houdini

I haven't blogged in awhile. I'm getting lazy.

But with all that's been going on I feel I deserve to be lazy.

Just for one hour.

Don't I deserve it?

Whew, anyways....blogging. Blogging is hard. It's strenuous. It involves re-writing blog entries you swore you posted only come to find out you didn't because your other computer decided to not save the blog entry when you were drafting it.

So, I am trying to re-write a blog entry I had already written and posted. It probably won't be as funny now. My wit wears off and I don't find things quite as funny the second time around.

It's still kind of cute, but in no way as funny as it will have been originally.

*scratches armpit*

My life is in no way glamorous and is even less so now that I have a puppy.

Let me re-phrase that, my husband got us a puppy. He thought it would be good training for a baby since I have had baby fever so bad lately. A puppy is in no way, shape, or form predictable by any means. A baby though....babies are predictable. Either their hungry, poopy, or tired. I can handle those things.

I blame deployment, but he blames my boredom.

That is I blame baby fever on deployment and he blames it on boredom.

So, when I started begging for a second dog (really for Lucy's benefit since she fell so in love with Sterling) I started out asking for a young dog, 1-2 years. Younger than Lucy so it would get her a little more active (she's overweight now, by 5 pounds), but not a puppy. But Cody brought home a puppy anyways.

And he's so ridiculously cute and adorable. He's also needy, way-too-easily over-excitable (meaning he pees on things and people). He has fallen in love with Lucy and she has fallen in love with him. They play all day long. They wrestle. They snarl. They bite, nip, and grab each other all day long. His name is Nitro.

The funny thing is though, Lucy's bad habits are Nitro's good qualities and vice versa; Nitro's bad habits are Lucy's good qualities. They both are unique.

Nitro....we aren't sure what he is. We were told he is an American bulldog mix, but he clearly is not that. He definitely has some terrier in him for sure. He's small, not more than 20lbs. Flashy brindle, gorgeous pointy, floppy ears.

He's beautiful.

He's also smart. He and Lucy both are. They had been leading Cody and I to believe they were alot dumber than they look. I mean, heck, coulda fooled me! Nitro who falls off everything in sight (coffee table, back off couch, and bed) and Lucy who trips over things (tripped over Nitro's leash, ran smack into the coffee table, ran into wall after wall). It's crazy.

Well, Cody and I left them at home one afternoon, we couldn't help it. It was raining out and Lucy is scared crap less of clouds, rain, the smell of rain, the feel of the air before it rains, and everything in between....Nitro, doesn't seem to care as much. But that is what makes Nitro better than Lucy. He doesn't sweat the small stuff, LoL! Anyways, we stuck him in the kitchen, corralled behind the crate which is like 3 and a half feet tall, but 2 and a half feet wide. He never escaped it before and Lucy doesn't dare try. I threw his doggie bed on his side of the crate and Lucy's was thrown on the other side about 6 feet away. I went to work, Cody went to work. I came home to check on the two of them and what I found astounded me.

Nitro had pushed his doggie bed up against his side of the crate and Lucy pushed her bed up against her side of the crate. Then Nitro jumped onto his bed, onto the crate and landed on Lucy's bed on the other side. Both of them ran to the door when I walked in, each had their own collar in their mouth jingling them merrily. Yes, my dogs are crazy. And smart.

See? I told you this wouldn't be as funny the second time around. But you didn't read it the first time around. You didn't read it because my stupid internet wasn't connected and didn't save or publish the blog entry the first time I wrote it.

But I promised I would tell you what interesting things my dogs did that day, so here it is.

Also, we moved into our new house, but that's another entry for another day....

Nitro also hates his mirroring self whom he saw in a reflection in the window. He growled ferociously at his mirror self.

Yeah, okay. Goodnight.

1 comment: