Saturday, March 26, 2011

Last Week and The End To This Week....

Whew! It sure has been busy this month.

My MIL came down two weeks ago and stayed with us for a week. It was really nice. We went shopping here locally and in Tallahassee. My husband and I were finally able to get our papers together for our mortgage broker. We also found time to go to Atlanta where we explored the Georgia Aquarium. It was very busy and I doubt there is ever an off-season for it, but the Whale Sharks and Beluga Whales made it so worth-while! One of the whale sharks just dwarfed the other three. My MIL and I are contemplating purchasing a sleep-over there so we can watch the Whale Sharks all night.

This week, I also discovered that the more positive you are around your dog, the more positively they will respond and act around other dogs/animals/people. My husband and I tried to stay as positive as possible when my MIL arrived with her two dogs, Sterling and Clover (who couldn't be more polar opposite). Sterling is a male Alaskan Malamute and Clover is a female teacup Chihuahua. But our pup, Lucy, who we've assumed is agressive towards other dogs and animals, bonded really well with Sterling despite their first meeting. She wanted so badly to play with him, but he can't get around as well as he used to. My husband and I are considering getting a boxer pup, preferably a male, for her to play with. But we are probably going to wait until we get into our new house....

House....our house....our home.

I am finding out how much of a gamble it is to "purchase" a home. You put down earnest money, appraisal fees, etc....but you still haven't purchased the home and it could be possible you don't get approved or something suddenly goes wrong. Praying, praying, praying....

My husband called me the other day, from work. He was upset and had had a bad day. My husband doesn't ever call me from work unless he has had a bad day or is on his way home early. He had gotten into trouble at work and that is all I will say about it. It's quite strange though....

Difference 1,376 between Men and Women:
Men may give advice, but when offered the same advice -in an applicable situation- back from women will not take it well. At all.

My husband is always telling me to "just ask" and "stop thinking negatively, you are only setting myself up for failure" when it comes to work. And I take those things to heart. My husband, on the other hand, kept saying things like, "I'm going to get a permanent demerit", "I'm gonna get kicked out", "I will never be an officer now", etc....just overly-negative things that I don't see any point in dwelling on.

So, being the supportive wife I am, I said it was all gonna work out and not worry, blah-blah-blah. But he just kept sulking. I decided to take another approach. I gave him his own advice.

If you keep dwelling on how badly things are gonna turn out, you won't give it 100% and you will be setting yourself up to fail.

Well, turns out things have worked out, not only in his favor, but they worked out all around. Everything worked out at work. His speeding ticket is only for $100, which is good. God is good.

However, I will never throw his own advice back at him again. I guess men take it as an insult that women "assume" they don't take their own advice into consideration or that a woman gave them advice at all. The world is a sexist place. Oh well.

I still love him.

P.S. My sister got married this week too. I'm a sister-in-law now.

No comments:

Post a Comment