Sunday, February 6, 2011

He is more clever than I give him credit for....

So I came home yesterday to a beautiful surprise....


And a surprise it was....


But my surprises always are followed by, "Why?" or "What's it for?" or "Why didn't you wait until Valentine's?"....

I can't help it, my husband always makes me skeptical. And for reason.


His first answer was what any guy's answer is: "I was hoping to get a free pass and hoping this would cover arguments for the next month".

His second answer: "I love you?".

Then this morning he began explaining how we had $85 in Best Buy gift certificates and how we could get an Xbox cheaply and I agreed and said we could. My spider sense was tingling....but I went back to doing my makeup without a care. Two minutes later I yelled, "HEY!". I ran into the kitchen with one mascara-smudged eye and said, "You were planning this all along! You saw a way to get me to agree to getting a new Xbox and you jumped on it! You....YOU USED ME!!!!"

And then he confessed. Yes, he not only thought it would be a great way to fit in my Valentine's gift, but also get a free pass for a couple weeks (yeah, right!), and then maybe he could slide in the Xbox....

He's pretty darn clever. Much more so than I give him credit for.

I still love him though.

Even though he used me and the diamond necklace in the process.

P.S. I'm not giving him a free pass....why? Because he said that was one of the reasons he bought the necklace. I'll lighten up a little, but not much.

No comments:

Post a Comment